|Inflatable||No / Hard Shell Kayak|
|# of Seats||1|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||500 lbs|
|Size||120 x 432 x 144 inches|
Hobie Pro Angler 12 Overview
When you are looking into versatility, comfort and easier kayaking, and explicitly for a fishing kayak, then you will not go wrong with the Hobie Pro Angler 12 kayak. The improvements that have been made have sought to boost efficiency, comfort and durability. The storage areas have also become more spacious and accessible to allow you to have all that you need within reach at all times.
The portability is also impressive, bearing in mind that it boasts all the features of a big boat. This fishing kayak is a must-have for that passionate fisherman because it has no boundaries when it comes to conquering the waters. It delivers exceptionally, whether it’s used in calm water such as a lake, or choppy waters like the ocean.
The Hobie Pro Angler 12 kayak is pioneering a new look in the kayaking world. It has a great capacity of 500lb which allows you not only to carry a lot around, but also allowing for free movement, including standing, when fishing. The hull construction is made of rotomolded Polyethylene which allows you to strongly dominate any kind of waters.
Construction of the Hobie Pro Angler 12
The Hobie Angler 12 kayak is basically structured for one crew member whose comfort is assured by the vantage seating system. Its build is centered on the Mirage Drive with Glide Technology pedal drive system. Its size allows for ocean fishing and to adequately counter waves at 12 inches long by 36 inches wide.
There is also emphasis on providing a basic range of colors that fits different tastes, including yellow, dune, and the more adventurous camo. The rotomolded Polyethylene which completes the hull design increases the kayak’s versatility and efficiency.
What makes the Hobie Pro Angler 12 kayak a state-of-the-art kayak are the outstanding features that have been improved on for the best results. The uniqueness of this majestic kayak comes with the following new features:
1. Powered By MirageDrive 180
This is basically the new pedal kayak drive which replaces the cumbersome paddle, bringing about efficiency and ease of use when kayaking and fishing. It’s powered by your legs, giving your legs a workout instead of your arms, and it’s also easier to use your legs.
2. Vantage Seating
When seating was being considered in the improvement process, the main focus was to ensure the highest level of comfort for long periods on the water. The seat comes with lumbar support, as well as adjustable height on both the back and bottom. It also creates that extra space to allow you to fish while standing comfortably. To make the experience more visionary, the seat can also be jacked up five inches higher to better your vision.
3. Horizontal Rod Storage
Six rods can be stored (!!!) and secured on the Hobie Pro Angler 12 with the horizontal holder positions creating more space and protecting your rod tips. Security is key if the wind gets stronger while fishing.
Kayaking is made more convenient by this feature which allows for primary and secondary steering. It’s therefore possible to cycle from both the port and the starboard sides of the kayak.
5. Tracking Skeg
This is an exemplary feature that comes to your your aid and covers you for long stretches out there on the water. You can adjust the skeg depending on the weather conditions to help stabilize the boat. If you put the skeg up, the kayak will turn into the wind. When it’s down, it will turn downwind. If you put it down halfway, the kayak will turn crosswind. The current is the same as the wind in this situation.
6. LiveWell Compatibility
The live-bait tank is not only a massive eight gallon tank, but is also designed with the angler in mind. The Livewell is basically the heartbeat of a successful fishing experience, recirculating fresh water throughout to keep your bait alive.
7. Lowrance Ready System
The Hobie Pro Angler 12 comes customary with an incorporated transducer support and pre-installed through-hull cable plugs.
Does the Hobie Pro Angler 12 Kayak Contain Enough STORAGE?
Storage is very important especially so that you don’t have to leave anything behind or rather lack certain things while in deep waters. Just in front of the adjustable seat, there is a rectangular flap that allows you to access the mesh compartment and pivoting storage. The pivoting storage further holds two tackle boxes of standard size. Just below this storage, there is another storage area that is easily accessible.
Check out the Hobie Cat Company go into details about the adjustable H-Bar on this sweet kayak:
PROS & CONS of Owning the Hobie Angler 12 Kayak
- Comfort: The vantage seating is the center of comfort on the Hobie Pro Angler 12. The lumbar support and adjustability makes it very comfortable, so the experience is that much more enjoyable.
- Color Variety And Choice: This is a specification that goes a long way in satisfying different preferences for different customers in varying age groups. The boat is available in yellow, camo and dune.
- Durability: This kayak is known to weather all tough conditions out there on the water with minimum damage. The rotomolded polyethylene which completes the hull design is a great material that ensures the durability of the boat.
- Rust-Resistant: It’s a major worry for many when going kayaking in salty waters that the boat will corrode. The Hobie H-rail, for example, comes with a rust-resistant mounting system that ensures the kayak can go into salty waters without worries of corrosion. Tests have been done in these waters that prove this to be true.
- Extra Features: There are two outstanding features, the H-Rail Horizontal Rod Rack and the H-Rail Cup Holder. These are very simple features which makes the kayak stand out. It’s convenient to have your rods out of your way and safely mounted. The cup holder ensures your drink is within reach at all times giving you that extra comfort.
- Portability: This kayak can easily fit on the back of many pick-up trucks. It does weigh over 100 pounds, so you may or may not need help lifting it and putting it in the water.
- Expensive: Costly, so be prepared to fork over a few thousand dollars. However, the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 will serve you for years as well as give you more than your desired results. The comfort, durability and sleekness will leave you forgetting about the price over time because it is so well made and reliable.
Hobie Pro Angler 12 Review Conclusion
If you are searching for a fishing kayak, then be assured that the Hobie Cat Company is one of the best around and is a leading manufacturer of such kayaks. The Hobie Pro Angler 12 kayak is no exception to this and as the videos and images show, this is a highly functioning and long lasting investment. In the end, it is your call, but this is a very, very solid fishing kayak. For tons of other options, check out our best of articles right here:
PS. The following is another look at the Hobie Anger 12!